Crunchy bonbons made of toasted almonds with a hint of thyme.
For 20 bonbons :
- 90g toasted almonds
- 15cl thyme syrup
- 60g sugar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 40g icing sugar
- Toast the almonds and cut in two.
- Melt the sugar in a pan with the thyme syrup. Bring to the boil, then add the almonds, mixing well with a wooden spoon.
- Boil for about 10 – 15 mins. The syrup will thicken and become pale. At this point, turn off the heat, add the oil and mix well.
- Lay small heaps of the mixture on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. This should be done quickly as the mixture does not take long to harden.
- Oil your hands and form the heaps into shapes as you like, then sprinkle with icing sugar.
These sweets will keep for up to a week in a sealed tin. To be eaten like bonbons with all the added goodness of almonds and thyme.